Yellow July is a campaign that aims to alert the population about the prevention and control of viral hepatitis. Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver that can be caused by viruses, the use of medication, alcohol and drugs, or by autoimmune, metabolic, or genetic diseases.
Propav Construção e Montagem supports the initiative and disseminates information inside and outside the company as part of the ProVida program, which works to disseminate relevant issues related to safety, environment, health, quality and compliance.
Hepatitis does not always have symptoms, but it can come in the form of tiredness, fever, malaise, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, yellow skin and eyes, dark urine, and pale stools.
In the case of viral hepatitis, they are caused by viruses and can be divided into 5 types:
• Hepatitis A: is a milder infection caused by poor hygiene conditions and has a vaccine.
• Hepatitis B: has a vaccine and its transmission occurs through sexual and blood contact.
• Hepatitis C: there is no vaccine and blood contact is the main form of transmission. It can cause cirrhosis, liver cancer and death.
• Hepatitis D: caused by the hepatitis D virus (HDV), it only occurs in patients already infected with the hepatitis B virus. The hepatitis B vaccine also protects against hepatitis D.
• Hepatitis E: caused by the hepatitis E virus (HEV) and transmitted via the fecal or oral route, causing major epidemics.
The Unified Health System (SUS) offers free testing and treatment for all types of hepatitis. People over 45 years of age should seek health facilities for testing and treatment in case they test positive.Back